Have you ever heard of WhatsApp …. Business?
Let’s take a step back ….
We all know WhatsApp now, the app born in 2009 from the minds of two former Yahoo! employees: Jan Koum and Brian Acton.
After 11 years from the launch, the messaging app has become the most used in the world among private users, with 1.5 billion active users per month and 60 billion messages exchanged per day.
There are valid alternatives, such as Telegram, but they still have not managed to climb over the giant bought by Facebook 6 years ago.
From mid-January 2018, the app introduced a very interesting new feature, aimed mainly at SMEs: we are talking about WhatsApp Business, the app dedicated to brands to allow them a more direct, faster and informal communication with their customers.
You don’t know it yet but would like to understand if it could be useful for you?
In this article we explain what it is, how it works and what are all the advantages of WhatsApp Business.
WhatsApp VS WhatsApp Business
WhatsApp Business, unlike WhatsApp, is a platform created, studied and developed for companies; to allow them to better communicate with their customers through an app that users already know and use, thus not having to resort to the creation of a dedicated app (and unknown, perhaps even stuffed with bugs!).
The two versions, although addressed to two different audiences, are completely free!
WhatsApp Business allows you to create a complete company profile that provides customers with important information such as e-mail address, website, business address, opening and closing times and a convenient product catalog that can be consulted directly in-app.
WhatsApp Business supports the desktop version, like Whats App.
Whats App Business gives you the opportunity to set both automatic welcome messages and messages that warn you when your business is closed and / or not available. You can also set up quick answers for frequently asked questions.
Important information to activate a WhatsApp Business account
- WhatsApp Business is currently available only for Android and in web version.
- You can’t use the same phone number you use for the standard version of WhatsApp, but you can use your company’s landline number … which is a nice advantage!
- Each company can open a business account that will be easily identifiable by users, because a distinctive sign will appear for confirmed profiles; a bit like it already happens in Facebook with the blue tick next to the names of the profiles.
- Remember that once set, the name of the activity can no longer be changed!
The most interesting sections of WhatsApp Business
The presentation board
The presentation form of the WhatsApp Business activity allows you to enter all the most important information relating to your company:
- Image (which may be a logo)
- Name of the company
- Type of company
- Email address
- Link to website
- Catalog of products on sale
The section dedicated to the product catalog
The section dedicated to the WhatsApp Business catalog allows you to insert all your products, with the relative prices, a small description and a section dedicated to a link, clickable directly from the app, to be used for the connection to the product sheet present on your website or, even better, on your e-commerce.
WhatsApp Business allows you to label all your customers: in practice, you can better organize your contacts by grouping them within specific groups created by you.
So you will have everything under control in a faster and orderly way!
The messages of absence
A very practical section of WhatsApp Business is the one dedicated to absence messages: you can set them both for when your business will be closed for holidays, and on certain days and / or times.
Why using WhatsApp Business
Messaging apps outperformed social media by number of active users per month, becoming the preferred tool especially among millennials.
The current version of WhatsApp Business is still a bit “basic”, but all the advantages compared to other messaging apps are already evident:
- The people who use WhatsApp are many, so in all probability most of your customers too! They will be able to interact with you through the standard version of the app, then with a tool they trust and already know;
- The app, unlike other messaging systems, is free;
- WhatsApp Business does not host advertisements of any kind inside it!
- It is also rumored that WhatsApp Pay will soon be introduced thanks to which payments will be made directly in the App: not bad for those who have an e-commerce right?